The Simulation-based Instruction Working Group that is charged with three main goals:
- Generate a comprehensive list of interprofessional education (IPE) simulation-based instruction that is currently being provided across Tennessee.
- Develop interprofessional simulation(s) that could be utilized by professional schools in the state of Tennessee, with a particular emphasis on high-yield, current health concerns such as the opioid epidemic, end-of-life care, or transitions of health care delivery.
- Collaboratively work with the Tennessee Simulation Alliance (TNSA) to share best practices with members regarding the development and assessment of interprofessional simulations.
We are currently developing a survey to gather information about IPE simulations being provided across Tennessee. This list will be made available on the TIPEC website for members to access and connect with other institutions to conduct IPE simulations.
Our next steps after receiving the information from the survey will be to focus on:
(1) Continue collaborating with the Tennessee Simulation Alliance to provide best practices for developing inter-professional simulations
(2) Explore creating training sessions for development and assessment of IPE simulations (presentations at conferences such as an IPE track at TNSA annual meeting or webinars)
(3) After determining current IPE simulations and best practices, will explore developing an IPE simulation for TIPEC that can be adapted/implemented for a wide variety of disciplines.