The 2021 TIPEC Annual Conference will be held virtually July 30 from 9:00 am – 1:15 pm CST, with an optional networking session from 8:30 – 8:55 am.
The theme of this year’s conference is the Intersection of Collaborative Practice and Social Determinants of Health.
At this year’s conference, panelists will discuss how interprofessional practice and education can offset the impact of social determinants of health and health disparity. Panelists will discuss their views on social determinants of health and the impact of social determinants on the health of Tennessee. After the initial discussion with scripted questions, attendees will break to generate questions for the remaining half of the panel discussion. This year’s panelists are:
- Janette Pepper, OD, FCOVD, Coordinator of Diversity and Inclusion at Southern College of Optometry (Moderator)
- Patricia Scott, DPN, RN, PNP, NCSN, consultant for the Tennessee Department of Health Office of Primary Prevention
- Monique Anthony, MPH, CHHES, director of the Office of Minority Health and Disparities Elimination at the Tennessee Department of Health
- Karen Winkfield, MD, PhD the Executive Director of the Meharry-Vanderbilt Alliance.
Through their discussion, the panel will:
1. Discuss the role of social determinants of health on the health of Tennesse
2. Identify ways that health professionals exacerbate health disparities
3. Identify skills that novice professionals need to enter the health workforce
Professional, Early-Bird (Prior to June 1): $40.00
(After June 1: $50.00)
Content from the 2020 TIPEC Conference can be found here.